Our unwavering commitment to excellence has earned us a reputation as a thriving enterprise, and we recognize that this success is deeply rooted in the exceptional contributions of our employees.
We are committed to hiring and retaining talented individuals who possess the requisite skills, qualifications, and experience to drive innovation and contribute meaningfully to the Company's continued prosperity.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATOR
- TERRITORY SALES MANAGER - GLASGOW CITY CENTRE (FOODSERVICE); GLASGOW WEST END / EAST DUNBARTONSHIRE (DRINKS)
- 7.5T DELIVERY DRIVERS
- WAREHOUSE OPERATIVES - BLANTYRE
See below for full details
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATOR
About the Role
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be the primary point of contact for our valued customers, handling inbound and outbound calls, emails, and website orders. You will manage an account base, ensuring timely order processing and resolving any customer inquiries or issues promptly. Your ability to build strong relationships and effectively manage customer expectations will be crucial in maintaining our reputation for outstanding service.
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email, and online chat
- Manage customer orders from intake to completion
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, and objections with professionalism and empathy
- Maintain accurate records and data entry
- Research and provide product information and pricing
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Identify upselling opportunities and contribute to sales growth
- Previous customer service experience preferred (but not essential)
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency in relevant software
- Ability to work independently and manage workload effectively
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Staff discount on a wide range of food and beverages
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Cashback Health Care Plan
- Life assurance and death in service payment
Embrace an Exciting Opportunity
Join our dynamic team and play a vital role in shaping Dunns Food and Drinks' continued success. If you are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and thrive in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2023.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
TERRITORY SALES MANAGERS
Location: GLASGOW CITY CENTRE (FOODSERVICE); WEST COAST (DRINKS)
Salary: Up to £35k OTE
Join Dunns Food and Drinks, a rapidly expanding company at the forefront of Scotland's vibrant food and beverage industry. As a Territory Sales Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our company's growth trajectory and establishing us as the premier independent wholesaler in Scotland.
Unleash Your Passion for Food and Drinks
At Dunns Food and Drinks, we are passionate about delivering exceptional food and beverage experiences. Our customer-facing team is the heart of this mission, and we are seeking a driven individual to join our ranks. You will have the opportunity to interact with some of the world's most renowned brands, while contributing to our shared goal of becoming Scotland's leading independent wholesaler.
Lead the Charge in Sales Excellence
As a Territory Sales Manager, you will spearhead our sales efforts in your designated territory. Your responsibilities will include:
Nurturing Existing Customers: Fostering strong relationships with our existing customer base, ensuring their satisfaction and continued growth with Dunns Food and Drinks.
Expanding Our Reach: Identifying and engaging with new establishments, expanding our customer network across Scotland's dynamic food and beverage scene.
Driving Profitability: Utilizing your expertise and strategic thinking to drive sales growth and profitability within your territory.
Embrace a Culture of Growth and Learning
We are committed to fostering a culture of continuous learning and development. You will receive comprehensive training to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in your role. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing mentorship and support to ensure your professional growth.
Join a Thriving Team and Make a Lasting Impact
At Dunns Food and Drinks, we value teamwork and collaboration. You will work alongside a dedicated team of professionals, sharing your passion for food and drinks while contributing to our collective success.
Requirements for Success
Passion for Food and Drinks: A genuine enthusiasm for the culinary world and a keen understanding of the Scottish food and beverage industry.
Proven Sales Acumen: A track record of success in sales, preferably in the foodservice or licensed trade.
Customer-Centric Approach: A commitment to exceptional customer service, building strong relationships, and delivering results with a 'can-do' attitude.
Organisational Skills: The ability to manage and prioritize your workload effectively, while maintaining a collaborative spirit.
Clean UK Driving Licence: Essential for driving a company-provided electric car.
Generous Staff Discounts: Enjoy significant discounts on a wide range of non-alcoholic items.
Auto Enrolment Pension: Secure your financial future with an auto-enrolled pension plan.
Company Car/Car Allowance: Utilize a company-provided electric car or receive a car allowance.
Continuous Training: Enhance your skills and knowledge through ongoing training opportunities.
The Opportunity to Work with Leading Brands: Collaborate with some of the world's most respected food and beverage brands.
Cash Back Health Care Plan: Access a comprehensive healthcare plan that rewards you for healthy choices.
Life Assurance/Death in Service Payment: Enjoy peace of mind with life assurance and death in service benefits.
Seize this Exceptional Opportunity
If you are a passionate, results-driven individual with a genuine desire for learning and development, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Join Dunns Food and Drinks and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Scotland's food and beverage industry.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with subject Territory Manager application by the closing date.
State your availability and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing Date 30.11.23
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
7.5t DELIVERY DRIVERS
Location: From our Blantyre HQ
Salary: Starting at £29,376 (Based on our hourly rate of £12)
As a driver at Dunns Food and Drinks you will be working for one of Scotland’s leading independent wholesalers, with a remarkable portfolio of global beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and food products.
We deliver primarily to Scotland’s top bars, hotels and restaurants, as well as the leading independent retailers in the country, although the pandemic led to us pivoting to offer home deliveries and collections too, as well as to tap in to new sectors.
We are on a mission to make people as passionate about the great food and drinks that we supply as we are. Our team of drivers are literally at the heart of delivering that, along with our shared goal of being the #1 independent delivered wholesaler in Scotland.
You will be carrying out multi-drop deliveries to our expanding band of wonderful customers across Scotland. Our fleet contains both temperature controlled and ambient trucks ranging from 3.5ton up to 18 tonners.
Our drivers are the heart of our business so the work can be hard and it isn't for the feint-hearted. But you will have a regular routine, some time on your own and a radio!
It’s a challenging role but we realise the importance of supporting out team and want to make life as easy as possible for all of our drivers. Our 24/7 delivery operation based in Blantyre, means we have a warehouse team who will have your delivery ready and handle loading for you, as well as flexibly working around you wherever possible. Many of our customers prefer us to deliver early in the day, so there’s plenty of chance to get your deliveries done while roads are quieter.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Cat C1 / Class 2 licence
- Experience of multi-drops would be preferable but not essential, as you will be trained on the job.
- Have a Digi-tacho card and a CPC card for 7.5t and above.
- Be in good physical shape as the work can be demanding
About The Company:
Dunns Food and Drinks Ltd has been a family owned company since its origins as a soft drinks company back in 1875.
Today, we offer thousands of food and drinks products to many of Scotland’s best known pubs, restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and cafes.
Our core values include respect, innovation and integrity and knowing we have a place in our community. So whilst we have many young people placed throughout the business, we also have a large number of long serving colleagues.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career move forward.
From great benefits and flexible hours, to driving deliveries that are picked and ready to go for you, there is plenty to look forward to in a driving role at Dunns – including the job security of a family business that has been around for nearly 150 years.
- As well as a competitive salary offered at monthly pay intervals you will be eligible for employee assistance schemes.
- You will be entitled to 28 days (pro rata) annual leave.
- You can top up your basic wage with the opportunity to do some overtime at time and a third.
- Don't just deliver our goods - buy them; all team members receive a healthy staff discount.
Our drivers work on a shift pattern of either Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat with a 1 in 4 requirement for a Monday or Saturday, working out at 22 days per 4 weeks.
Flexible working patterns are available and our Class 2 Vehicles also come with a van assistant to help you with the multi-drop environment.
Our driving roles are based on a 45 hour week – although average working hours are 38-40 per week.
Overtime, if required, is applied at 1.333
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
We are recruiting for our Warehouse team across our shift patterns: Dayshift, Backshift and Nightshift.
Salary: Starting at £11.13 per hour + Shift Allowance where applicable
(£23,150.40 - £24,307.92)
Basic 40 hours. Mon-Fri plus 1 in 4 Saturdays.
Some flexibility over hours may be possible (days worked, may suit part time).
At Dunns Food and Drinks, you will be working for one of Scotland’s leading independent wholesalers, with a remarkable portfolio of global beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and food products.
We deliver primarily to Scotland’s top bars, hotels and restaurants, as well as the leading independent retailers in the country. The COVID-19 pandemic led to us pivoting to offer home deliveries and collections as well as expanding into new sectors.
As a Warehouse Operative, you could be involved in a wide variety of tasks, from replenishing stock to picking and packing customer orders, assisting drivers with deliveries to maintaining depot standards.
Working in our warehouse is a busy and physically demanding role – you will be on your feet, moving and lifting stock - working as part of the team to ensure targets and deadlines are met, so we’re looking for people with lots of energy and up for a challenge!
You’ll also need great timekeeping skills, an enthusiastic and adaptable approach to carrying out duties and a flexible approach to working hours. You’ll be a valuable member of the Warehouse team, contributing to the success of the business whilst working with a great team of people and having fun along the way.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring all goods are picked for despatch according to the picking processes
- Ensuring correct labelling of all orders for despatch
- Replenishment of the Warehouse as required, ensuring stock is always available for picking
- Ensuring all vehicles are loaded correctly and on time
- Ensuring adherence to Health & Safety regulations
- Locating products and rotating stock effectively
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Warehousing experience (particularly within a food / chilled / frozen environment) desirable
- Forklift licence and shift work / picking order experience advantageous
- Health and safety awareness
- Used to using warehouse equipment
- Attention to detail essential#
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Natural people skills and problem solving ability
- Staff discount is available on a comprehensive range of food and drinks products including beers, wines and spirits
- Continuous training
- Free on-site parking is available whilst on shift.
- Cash back health care plan
- Life assurance / death in service payment
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Work Experience & Internships
Dunns Food and Drinks Ltd are approved by the South Lanarkshire local authority to offer work experience and we work with numerous secondary schools in our local community.
We receives numerous enquiries about longer-term placements and internships, paid and unpaid. Regrettably, we do not have the resources to be able to facilitate this on every occasion but we will review all requests on merit against current requirements.