As a leading supplier of food and drinks in Scotland, we are committed to ensuring we act in a socially responsible corporate manner.
Our ambition means that we challenge ourselves every day to reduce the environmental impact that we make, so much so that it forms an integral part of our business strategy as we seek to constantly make improvements.
We believe that we as an individual business have a responsibility to achieve good environmental practices and to operate in a sustainable manner. With a commercial fleet such as ours, there are no easy solutions to the daunting environmental challenge that faces our business and industry, but wherever possible, we encourage our employees, our suppliers, our customers and all business associates to take the same stance as ours.
Protecting for the future
This is not just about sustaining our personal business, but we also see it as our moral duty that we should endeavour to deliver in this area, so as to protect future generations.As well as an over-arching policy, we have various initiatives in place to specifically target key areas including:
- Carbon Reduction
- Sustainable and ethical sourcing
- Waste reduction and recycling
We are determined to go green, but we still must stay in the black.
Head of one large UK commercial vehicle operation
- To support and comply with the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- To minimize energy and water usage in our workplace, including our vehicles. This includes processes to conserve supplies and minimize our consumption of natural resources, particularly where non-renewable.
- To reduce our waste and from there reuse or recycle as much as possible.
- To pay particular regard towards the maintenance of company vehicles, encouraging the reasonable and practical use of alternative means of transportation e.g. car sharing or public transport.
- To reduce any negative impact our operations may have on the Environment especially within the local community
- To encourage the purchase of products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage employees to do the same.
- To assess any related environmental impact before we introduce any new process or product text here
Dunns began in 1875 as a soft drinks company and whilst other manufacturers have ceased their returnable glass bottle schemes, the Dunns ‘glass cheque’ lives on!
We do our best for the environment wherever possible with our sourcing - from tuna supplied from well-managed and sustainable fisheries, to free-range eggs.
We have invested in our fleet of vehicles and continue to optimise our deliveries, constantly reducing fuel consumption.