A spiced banana cake topped with Angel Delight® Banana Mousse.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Cereals containing gluten
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.
- 750ml McDougall’s Carrot Cake Mix
- 335ml water
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 250ml banana, diced ml of banana
- 175ml cold water
- 75g Angel Delight® Banana Mousse
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/325 ̊F/ Gas Mark 3. Oil your DS tin.
- Place the carrot cake mix into a bowl fitted with a beater attachment. Blend in the 335ml of water and the vegetable oil, whilst mixing on slow speed, then mix for 2 minutes. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed. Add the banana towards the end of mixing.
- Place the mix into the tin and allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the cake has risen and is firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
- To make the Banana Angel Delight® Mousse topping. Pour the cold water into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk. Add the Angel Delight® Banana Mousse and whisk for 30 seconds on slow speed.
- Scrape down and whisk for a further 5 minutes on high speed. Leave to chill for one hour then pipe the Angel Delight® into rosettes on top of the cake before serving.