Chocolate sponge flavoured with orange zest, and topped with mandarin slices and a Chocolate Angel Delight Mousse layer. Serve sliced.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Allergens: wheat, egg, milk, soya
675ml McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix
2 oranges, zested
300ml cold water (for cake)
350g tinned mandarins, drained
350ml cold water
150g Angel Delight Chocolate Mousse
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/325˚F/ Gas Mark 3. Oil your DS tin.
- Place the Chocolate Sponge Mix into a bowl fitted with a beater attachment. Blend in the 300ml of water on slow speed and mix for 2 minutes. Scrape down, add the orange zest, and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Place the mix into the tin and allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
- To make the Angel Delight® Mousse topping. Pour the 350ml of cold water into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk. Add the Angel Delight® Chocolate Mousse and whisk for 30 seconds on slow speed.
- Scrape down and whisk for a further 5 minutes on high speed.
- Once the cake is cool, top it with ¾ of the drained mandarin segments. Spread the Angel Delight® Mousse on top of the cake and finish it with the reserved mandarins. Place in the fridge for one hour before serving.