Mother’s Day Pavlova
Time: 105 min
- 2tbsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- 100g egg white
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 50g Country Range Custard
- 200ml Country Range UHT Dairy Whipping Cream
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 1/3 Country Range Frozen Summer Fruit (defrosted)
- 150g fresh strawberries
- Sieve the icing sugar and cornflower together.
- Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl with half the sugar, cream of tartar and start to whisk on full power.
- When the meringue is starting to thicken slowly add the rest of the sugar, take to very stiff peaks.
- Add the vinegar.
- Fold in the icing sugar and cornflower mix.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe out 2 x 12cm discs onto parchment.
- Bake in the oven at 90oC for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in the oven.
- Whisk the cream, custard and vanilla seeds from the split vanilla pod until nice and thick.
- Assemble the pavlova as per photo and garnish the top with defrosted summer fruit and fresh strawberries.