Mushroom and Almond Pithivier
Time: 50 min
- 10g Country Range Ground Almonds
- 25ml Country Range Extended Life Vegetable oil
- 100ml Country Range Vegetable Bouillon (made up)
- 100ml Country Range Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 pack vegan ready roll puff pastry
- 100g button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 20ml almond milk to brush
- 60g green beans
- salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 200 ̊C fan.
- Unroll the pastry flat and cut out 4 large circles.
- Slice the mushrooms, dice the onion and fry off in a pan with crushed garlic and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock and reduce by half, thicken with ground almonds and allow the mix to cool.
- Split the mix into two and place in the middle of 2 circles of pastry.
- Brush the edge of each circle with almond milk and top with the other circle of pastry.
- Crimp the edges tight, score the tops, place a little hole in the centre of each and brush with the remaining almond milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and serve with the tomato and basil sauce and green beans.