Panko breadcrumbs aren’t just for coating - there are many ways in which this ingredient can be used. Country Range Development Chef Paul Dickson has come up with a range of ways whether that be sweet or savoury – we’ve got it covered.
Time: 1 hour 50 mins including prep
- 350 g Frozen raspberries
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 250 g Country Range Short crust pastry
- 175 g Country Range Panko breadcrumbs
- 225 g Country Range Salted butter
- 600 g Golden Syrup
- 75 ml Country Range Whipping cream
- 3 Large free-range eggs
- Bring the raspberries and sugar to a boil, turn down the heat and reduce by 2/3’s. Cool down and store in an air tight jar.
- When the pastry is defrosted, lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound coin. Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart case, gently pushing it into the edges and leaving any excess overhanging the sides.
- Line the pastry with bling film and bake blind with rice for 25 minutes. Remove the rice and cling film, return it to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes to ensure the pastry is cooked through and dried out. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 160C
- Line the tart case with a layer of fresh raspberry jam
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until it foams and turns nut brown. Add the syrup, take the pan off the heat and whisk to combine. Put the bread crumbs in a medium bowl and add the butter and syrup mixture.
- Whisk in the cream, 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, pour the filling into the cooled tart case and bake for 20 minutes until the tart is just set – it should still have a wobble in the center. Remove the tart from the oven and leave to cool and set for 30 minutes.