Sick of the sight of the usual festive Mince Pie? Country Range development chef Paul has come up with a great way to use them differently that will appeal to diner, as well as giving you the chance to take out your dislike by smashing them up!
Smashed Mince Pie Tart Cranberry and Hazelnut Meringue (serves 2)
Country Range Deep Filled Mince Pies
Country Range Cranberry Sauce
Country Range Hazelnuts
For the meringue
1 egg white
60g caster sugar
Zest of 1 mandarin
- Compress 2 mince pies into 2 small tart rings.
- Spread with a spoonful of cranberry sauce, then a spoonful of chopped hazelnuts.
- Make the meringue and top each tart with the meringue to nice peaks.
- Bake them in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve warm with cream and a grating of mandarin zest.