Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberries
Time: 125 min
Serves: 6 portions
- 300ml Country Range UHT Dairy Whipping Cream
- 200g Country Range Frozen Strawberries
- 300ml full fat milk
- 3 gelatin leaves
- 80g golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50g icing sugar
- ½ lemon
- 12 fresh strawberries (garnish)
- 5ml strawberry sauce (garnish)
- Defrost the strawberries and blend with 50g icing sugar and 1/2 lemon juiced, pass through a sieve and keep in the fridge.
- Soak the leaf gelatin in cold water until it is soft.
- Bring the cream and milk to the boil with the scraped vanilla pod and seeds then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the gelatin leaves and stir until dissolved.
- Place the pan in a bowl with iced water and cool, stir every 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and the vanilla suspends in the mix rather than sinking to the bottom.
- Pour into the six moulds and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once it is fully set but still wobbles, place the mould in hot water for 10 seconds, tip it upside down and shake it out onto your clean palm.
- Place in your bowl and serve with strawberry sauce and some chopped fresh strawberries.