Vegan Portuguese Tarts
These tasty custard tarts are the ideal accompaniment to a hot cuppa this winter month, with this also being a plant-based recipe these are perfect for vegan diners too.
Time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp Country Range Custard Powder
- 120g Country Range Frozen Raspberries
- ½ tsp Country range Ground Cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 pack vegan ready roll puff pastry
- 1 small orange zest and juice
- 425ml hazelnut milk
- 2tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1tbsp icing sugar (dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C fan.
- Dust the sheet of puff pastry with icing sugar.
- Roll the pastry into a tight sausage shape and cut into 12 even sized disks.
- Place each disk into a greased muffin tin and press up the sides to form a cup.
- Add 2 raspberries to each cup and then place the pastry in the fridge to cool
- Heat up the 400ml hazelnut milk with the scraped vanilla pod.
- In a bowl mix the custard powder, scraped vanilla, cinnamon, caster sugar, orange zest, juice and 25ml hazelnut milk and whisk to form a paste
- Once the milk is hot pour over the custard mix and then return all the mix back to the pan.
- Once it thickens allow to cool.
- Fill each pastry cup with the custard mix, dust with icing and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is cooked.
- Dust with more icing and serve.