Vegan 'Tofish' and Chips
A deliciously different on-trend dish, which is sure to go down well with vegan and vegetarian customers. A tasty comfort food favourite alternative that is made with tofu wrapped in nori seaweed and battered using a vegan beer batter mix.
- 350 g Blue Dragon Extra Firm Tofu Block
- 50 g Country Range Plain Flour
- 50 g Country Range Corn Flour
- 20 ml Malt Vinegar
- Quarter Teaspoon of salt
- 150 ml Vegan friendly beer
- For the batter – all dry ingredients together, whisk in the beer.
- Cut tofu into our slices and top with an even slice of the Nori seaweed wrap
- Marinade the tofu in malt vinegar and season with sea salt.
- Dip tofu in plain flour then the batter and fry until it floats with a dry colour, 5 min approx, at 180 degrees.
- Cook the chips per manufacturer instructions.
- Smashed pea salsa – Little tip can be served cold or hot depending on the weather. 150g Country Range Fancy Peas, half a red onion very finely diced. 10 ml CR lemon juice. 20ml pomace oil, chopped fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper. Squash with a potato masher until crushed not totally broken down.
- Serve with a homemade vegan tartare sauce, the pea salsa, your delicious crispy chips with tomato sauce for dipping. Finish with a lemon wedge and serve immediately.