Following the launch of the 2nd annual Care Caterer of the Year competition, run by Bisto in partnership with Country Range, the five finalists have been unveiled.
Representing the high calibre of care home chefs across the UK and competing against each other for the winning prize of £1,000 for their care home at the Premier Foods’ head office on the 12th September will be:
- Kevin Price – Oulton Abbey Care Home, Staffordshire
- Emilia Horodinc Chirila – Coopers Croft Care Home, Potters Bar
- Barry Dart – Park Lane Nursing Home, Barnstaple, Devon
- Simon Lewis – Gracewell, High Wycombe
- Adriano Carvalho – Gracewell, Newbury
The finalists will prepare and cook three portions of their chosen main meal and dessert within a 90 minute time frame. Each caterer must include a Bisto product within their main dish and a Country Range product within their dessert dish, with a total budget of £2.25.
Judging the dishes will be Louise Wagstaffe, Culinary Advisor at Premier Foods, and Emma Holden, Group Marketing Manager for the Country Range Group.
As well as the £1,000 for their care homes, the winning finalist will pick up a £250 John Lewis voucher for themselves.
Fingers crossed for a finalist from a Care Home in Scotland in 2020!